To claim that only one religion or one God can take you to God is ridiculous and as much a lie as to say that only one school can produce good students and not another school. I hope you understand this. Or to say that only one country can produce good people and not another country. Because, if we understand this point correctly, we will come to that great truth that God does not offer different opportunities to different people. When we say God is merciful, God is love, He cannot be different to different people or different races. And when we say God made man in His own image, how can a Christian be better than a Buddhist, or vice versa?
I used to wonder why Master had to travel so much, because if his teaching was what elevated us, all that we had to do was to print books and send them all over the world. And if it was the practice that was to elevate us, then the preceptors were enough. They can teach us the practice. But it is the Master who is the most important, in fact, most vitally important element of this teaching. To make us understand this, Master had to travel again and again, be present with us, show Himself to us and suffer for us.
In our own personal intercourse here on earth, we neither have the time nor the inclination to find out what the other person likes. So the safest course is to give what you like yourself. It is a test of love when it seeks to find out what really you like so that I can offer you what you like
A simple life does not need much by which to sustain it. If, in this one simple way, we can cut our wants, then we slip back to our needs. Now, needs are common for all of us. What my Master said was, ‘You don’t have to be rich to be happy.
1. Trust no one but respect everyone.
2. What happens in office, remain in office. Never take office gossips to home and vice versa.
3. Enter office on time, leave on time. Your desktop is not helping to improve your health.
4. Never make Relationships in the work place. It will always backfire.
5. Expect nothing. If somebody helps, feel thankful. If not, you will learn to know things on your own.
6. Never rush for a position. If you get promoted, congrats. If not, it doesn’t matter. You will always be remembered for your knowledge and politeness, not for your designation.
7. Never run behind office stuff. You have better things to do in life.
8. Avoid taking everything on your ego. Your salary matters. You are being paid. Use your assets to get happiness.
9. It doesn’t matter how people treat you. Be humble. You are not everyone’s cup of tea.
10. In the end nothing matters except family, friends, home, and Inner peace
I imagine that human beings have artificially romanticized love, and this is the consequence that we are able to love before marriage but not after marriage. We must learn to love him whom we must love and not be wayward in this vital matter. Which means that we have to develop the capacity to love the one chosen for us, irrespective of how the spouse is chosen, whether it is in the western way of love marriage or the eastern way of an arranged marriage.
It is true that children are the most “merciless” mirrors because the child has the unique ability to perceive truth, and nothing that the adult does to hide the truth ever seems to succeed. And like all mirrors, these living mirrors are to be used for our self-correction and rectification to become better and better persons
In life it is always possible that the people whom we consider as friends turn against us, and similarly, those whom we treat as enemies help us. So do not worry about others’ activities. Continue to show your love to all, irrespective of whether they are friendly or inimical. You should understand that love begets love.
We are all worried about our families, whereas we should be worried about ourselves. This is not selfishness, but an understanding that when you help yourself to become better and better, you can help your families deal with life better and better.
I am sorry to read about what have become your family problems. With love and co-operation from all parts, it can evolve to a united and harmonious family where every one cares for the other with tolerance and patience