Rise before dawn and offer your prayer and meditation at a fixed hour, preferably completing them before sunrise. Have a separate place and seat for meditation. As far as possible, develop the habit of sitting in one and the same pose. Give special attention to purity of body and mind.
- Begin your meditation with a prayer for spiritual elevation. Offer your prayer in such a way that the heart is filled with love.
- Fix your Goal, which should be complete oneness with God. Rest not till the ideal is achieved.
- Simplify your life so as to be identical with Nature.
- Always be truthful, accept miseries as coming from God for your own good and be thankful.
- Know all people as thy brethren and treat them as such.
- If you are feeling wronged by anyone, do not wish for revenge. Instead, think this comes from God and be grateful.
- Be happy to eat in constant Divine thought whatever you get, with due regard to honest and pious earnings.
- Mould your behaviour and way of living to such a high order as to rouse a feeling of love and piety in others.
At bedtime, feeling the presence of God, repent for any wrongs committed. Beg forgiveness in a supplicant mood and prayerfully resolve not to allow repetition of the same